Dedicated to a Healthy Student Body
Quality, cost-sensitive care for all registered UC Davis students, regardless of insurance
Effective September 1st, 2014, Counseling Services at North Hall will see students by scheduled appointments only. Drop-in visits will no longer be available at North Hall. Learn more about the changes to Counseling Services.
- If this is an emergency call 911 immediately!
24 hour Phone Lines
Nearest Urgent Care
2020 Sutter Place, #101
Davis, CA 95616
- *For SHIP students this is the closest urgent care that is covered by SHIP.
- For non-SHIP students please check with your insurance provider for your urgent care treatment options.
Access to SHCS Services
- SHCS Hours of Operation
M T Th F: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
W: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Urgent Medical and Mental Health Care
Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) offers both medical and mental health urgent care services on the first floor of the Student Health & Wellness Center during normal hours of operation.
Make a Medical or Counseling Service Appointment
To provide you with the best possible care, please call the appointment desk before coming in.
The SHCS Blog is designed to keep students, staff and faculty informed about the services and programs we offer as well as updates and tips regarding healthy living.
- Superfoods for a Super Brain
- Meatless Monday
- Chocolate Quinoa Drops Recipe
- Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- Changes in Access to Counseling Services
- Daily Dose of Fruits and Vegetables
- Financial Stress and How to Reduce It
- Debunking the Myths of E-Cigs
- The Miracle of Massage
- Why Stretching is Extremely Important
- SHCS Counseling Services appointments will be restructured beginning September 1st, 2014 in order to reduce wait times.
- Davis SHIP Waiver application is now open
- 2014-2015 Academic Year Resource Guide (PDF)
- The Student Insurance Advocate Program is a service offered at no charge to all UC Davis Students. When you have questions about your health insurance, whether about the UC Davis Student Health Insurance Plan (Davis SHIP) or other health insurance you may have, we have a resource to give you the answers! We’re partnering with Barney & Barney, an Insurance Firm, to offer this concierge resource.
- Each Aggie Matters unites the tens of thousands of students, faculty, and staff at UC Davis in an effort to have an open and affirming dialogue about mental health.
- Social Survival Guide - Skills for College Life (PDF)
- Urgent Mental Health Care Services are now available in the urgent care clinic at the Student Health and Wellness Center.
Top Health and Wellness Concerns for Students
- Healthy Eating
- Safe Partying (Alcohol Risk Reduction)
- Injury Prevention
- Information About All SHCS Services